She’s about to start a new job at a creative agency in inner city Melbourne. While she’s excited to jump in, she’s also nervous and is unsure about what to expect on her first day.
The agency that hired Lisa uses Simon for their onboarding. The morning before Lisa’s first day, Simon sends her a welcome pack.
- Directions on how to get to the office, which is in a multi-storey building.
- Lisa’s detailed job description and expectations.
- A reminder of the company dress code and what she’ll need to bring.
- Recommendations on healthy takeaway venues nearby to pick up a nutritious lunch.
- Contact details for a veteran team member to help her during orientation.
Lisa now feels ready to kick-start her new career. She’ll also receive a follow-up postboarding survey from Simon after 30 days, and if her role changes or she moves to another department, she can expect Simon to help her through that transition.